Oct 08, 2019, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
OkACTE, 2801 N Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
About The Event
This FREE media seminar is open to the first 15 registrants! This workshop, hosted by the Gooden Group, is for the marketing and communications professional.
Elements of Gooden Group training:
- Crisis training – preparing for the worst, what to say in a crisis, how to prepare a response, key messaging, delivery
- Media training – how do the media work, what are the media after, why are they asking me this? Let’s practice in a safe environment
- Presentation training – how to speak before an audience, media and more
- Table top team prep with mock scenarios and actual on camera interviews and gentle critique
Goals for Media training
- How to lead in a crisis situation with the media
- Understanding how the media operate – both traditional and social media
- To prepare your team when a reporter calls:
- How to answer
- When to answer
- What to say
- Presentation skills when you say it
- How to look good on camera
- How to address a social media situation – to post or not to post
Learn more about Katy Gustafson, APR, Principal at Gooden Group.
Katy is an accredited public relations and strategic communications professional based in Oklahoma City. Katy serves a wide array of clients including a Fortune 50 tech company and local nonprofit organizations.
Katy’s background includes planning and coordinating large scale events, developing and implementing national public relations campaigns and consulting clients on everything from digital media to crisis communications.
Katy joined the Gooden Group in 2009 after graduating from Oklahoma Christian University with a degree in public relations/ advertising and international studies.
Learn more about Jane Braden, Managing Director at Gooden Group.
Jane Braden serves as a managing director and has directed public relations and creative efforts for clients across a broad number of industries throughout her nearly two decades with the Gooden Group. In addition, she leads Gooden Group media and crisis training seminars, coaching executive teams at a number of top tier companies across the country.
Jane is an Emmy award-winning, 20-year veteran television news reporter and producer. She brings an intimate knowledge to the Gooden Group of broadcast and print media, creative writing skills, video and radio production and event production.
Jane is based in Oklahoma City and is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a degree in radio, TV, film, news and public affairs.
The Gooden Group is a comprehensive firm with recognized strengths in the areas of strategic business consultation and public relations services, corporate communication, perception and reputation management, issue mitigation, media management, crisis communication, government relations, community relations, influencer engagement, media and social media training, digital media, social media measurement, event planning, creative content production and video/audio production.
This is for the Marketing & Communications workshop hosted by the Gooden Group. There is a limited number of people allotted to attend this event. If you should not be able to attend, please contact the Dazsa Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org.