OATC Key Benefits
- Technology Center interests are represented at the Capitol
on a daily basis. This includes monitoring hundreds of
pieces of legislation, seeking to pass or defeat legislation,
working with legislators and staff, and working on CareerTech’s
- Weekly and sometimes daily legislative updates during
legislative session are sent to Technology Center Superintendents.
- Working with election activities, seeking to assist
and coordinate support of those candidates who will support
career and technology association.
Representation On Statewide Issues
The OkACTE/OATC office provides leadership and representation
regarding statewide issues which impact the field of career and
OATC Membership Seminars/Activities
- OkACTE/OATC Legislative Seminar – This event includes
discussions about the current career and technology education
issues, political climate, roles of career and technology
education leaders in the legislative process, and status
reports from House and Senate Education & Appropriation
- OATC Membership Meetings – Networking with other board
members, platform opportunity to express needs & concerns
of Technology Center Boards. Sessions include topics to
educate and inform OATC members.
- Workshops and Seminars – Various topics regarding the
CareerTech system and CareerTech issues are offered to
educate and inform Technology Center board members.
OATC Public Relations Project
OATC provided the initial mechanism of funding and collection
to create the Oklahoma Public Relations Project developed by the
PR Council. This project enables schools to purchase high
quality public relations materials that are localized to recruit
Oklahoma students to career and technology programs.
In many instances the materials can be localized to a particular
community and school. By working together, the schools can
utilize high volume purchasing to greatly decrease production
cost. The OATC staff provides the necessary accounting,
which includes accounts payable and receivable, and inventory
support needed to maintain the PR project.
- OATC members receive information on upcoming career and technology education events and activities, such as the CareerTech Annual Summer Conference, association activities, committee meetings, the awards program, and communication about membership services. This information publicizes specific OATC activities and events.
OSSBA and CCOSA Affiliation
OATC participates in various OSSBA activities such as OSSBA/CCOSA State Convention
and OSSBA New School Board Member Workshop. These organizations are closely related and provide support to OATC members with general school board related information.
Association for Career and Technical Education Affiliation
OATC Board Members are eligible to affiliate with the ACTE
in the Makers of Policy Division. OATC provides information,
arrangements and additional activities for the Oklahoma OATC
members who attend the ACTE Convention and the ACTE Policy
Seminar. Both ACTE events are outstanding and worthwhile activities
for providing support to Technology Center board members.
OATC allows members the opportunity to network with other board members. The sharing of ideas, opinions and philosophies of career and technology education
is an identified benefit to OATC members.